Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chocolate Warmer

Chocolate Warmer

So all I could focus on was that warm, dark liquid goodness! Yup that melted chocolate was calling my name. I couldn't wait to get one and my son decided to get me one for Christmas. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get to the store. They even charged $10 more than it was supposed to cost and I had them refund it back! So here I am 2 weeks later and it's still sitting on my couch in my room. You see I got it home and forgot the chocolate to put in it. I keep forgetting everytime I go to the store. Then this week I started to count my calories and can't fathom eating an entire bowl of melted chocolate.
What is the point of this story? When I didn't have something it was all I could think of. When I finally had it, I no longer had an insatiable desire for that warm chocolate goodness. How often in our lives do we long for and work so hard to attain things only to find it isn't always quite as satisfying as we hoped for. It doesn't mean we don't enjoy those things at all, but how many of us have closets or garages full of things we need to get rid of because of stuff we thought we needed but then let lay around collecting dust.
Is it time to start clearing the clutter and unnessary things out of your life? Do you need to focus on the basics around you? God, family, friends and letting go of that next "thing" on your list. I committ to giving something the next time I am tempted to buy! Ok, so maybe I will give and then buy it anyway, but hey baby steps right?
I know this post has not been a barrel of laughs, but I felt I needed to put it out there. You never know when it just might be what someone needed to hear, to make a change in their life!

No comments:

Post a Comment